- Tyranny – Tyranny is defined in two ways:
- Arbitrary (not governed by any fixed rules) or despotic (unlimited or absolute power) government; the severe and autocratic exercise of sovereign power, either vested constitutionally in one ruler, or usurped by him by breaking down the division and distribution of governmental powers. (Black’s Law Dictionary 1910)
- In a government, is the violation of those laws which regulate the division and the exercises of the sovereign power of the state. (state. signifies a self-sufficient body of persons united together in one community for the defense of their rights and to do right and justice to foreigners – a society of men united together for the purpose of promoting their mutual safety and advantage, by the joint efforts of their combined strength.) It is a violation of its constitution. (Bouvier’s Law Dictionary 1839)
- Commerce – Intercourse by way of trade and traffic between different peoples or states and the citizens or inhabitants there-of, including not only the purchase, sale, and exchange of commodities, but also the instrumentalities and agencies by which it is promoted and the means and appliances by which it is carried on, and the transportation of persons as well as of goods, both by land and see. (Black’s Law Dictionary 1910)
• Ephesians 2:22 & 5:11
• Habakkuk 2:14
• Hosea 5:12 & 14
• Isaiah 13:21
• Jeremiah 51-52
• 1 John 2:15-17
• Matthew 13:31-32 & 23:35
• Philippians 4:14
• Romans 12:17-21 & 16:17-18
• 1 Timothy 5:22
• 2 Timothy 3:4
- What is the message of 1 John 2:15 and how does it relate to Revelation 18?
- How are the three areas spoken of in Revelation 17-18 (Idolatrous Religion, Evil Government/tyranny, and worldly commerce) used to propagate a culture of dependence and lust for what is evil and hatred towards God?
- How can a Christian be guarded and protected from such evil influence?
- In Revelation 18:20, who is rejoicing in heaven and why are they rejoicing? How is the gospel seen in this text especially Revelation 18:4 & 18:20?
- The current generation is the first generation to be worse than the last.
- We must stray away from this world’s evil system.
- The world is trying to draw us into it’s system.
- When you remove God from government tyranny is caused.
- Laws that don’t follow God’s laws are unlawful.
- You can not hide from God, He is everywhere.
- The government is trying to control everything that God should control.
- We must flee from temptation.
- We must keep hold of Gold and not stray away from Him.
- Most people will not keep their word.
“May the peace of God be with you always.
Our Holy Father, we, Your church, come to You and pray as our Lord Jesus prayed for us. That while we are in this world, You Father keep us from the evil one.
Guard us for your glory we pray.
In the name of Christ Jesus, our Lord.”
~ Amen ~