“The War Unseen” – part 2
- Sign – A symbol pointing towards something else of a deeper meaning. A symbol used to signify a reality. Though spoken of as a sign, the application or meaning of the sign is literal in it’s interpretation.
- Woman – Israel.
- Dragon – Satan.
- Stars – Fallen angels, demons.
- Child – Jesus the Christ.
• Isaiah 14:12
• Ezekiel 28:12-17
• Psalm 2:9 & 18:2
• 1 Samuel 2:10
• Lamentations 2:3
• John 10:11
• Revelation 2:27, 5:11, 9:16, 12:9, 19:15 & 20:2
- What is meant by John’s phrase in Revelation 13:3, “and behold?” What images are there for us to behold?
- What is the dragon waiting to do to the woman? What is this a sign of?
- Who is the son that the woman gave birth to and how did he escape the dragon?
- How is this account encouraging to the church in John’s day and how is it encouraging to us today?
- We must not work for earthly gain. Instead, work to be obedient to God.
- The diadems on the dragon’s head represents the world’s 10 big empires in the last days.
- The stars that are whipped by the dragon’s tail are the fallen angels, demons.
- The dragon represents Satan.
- The dragon wants to devour the child, so he can take over the throne of God.
- The child represents Jesus.
- Ruling with a rod of iron means to rule harshly or without mercy.
“May the peace of God be with you always.
Our Holy Father, You sent Your Son. Lord Jesus, You laid down Your life and took it up again. Lord, You are the victory and You have overcome evil. We love your righteousness!
We pray this in the name of Christ Jesus, our Lord.”
~ Amen ~