“Biblical Church Discipline” – part 15
- The point of bringing a witness is to confirm the sin of a brother and that action needs to be done.
- Another reason for having a witness is to show the convicted brother that the matter is serious.
- The order of the corrective discipline process isn’t always followed, it can skip right to the formal stage, like in 1 Corinthians 5.
- When gathering the church, the world should not be dealt with, this is the matter of the church’s alone.
- We must be faithful to our brother to cause repentance so that they know that we’re looking out for them.
- We need to approach our brother with sincerity, love, and faithfulness.
“May the peace of God be with you always.
Our Father in Heaven, we praise You for Your Word as we submit ourselves to the teaching of it.
In your grace we seek that You mature us now in Your love & righteousness.
We pray in the name of Jesus.”
~ Amen ~